Easter Bunting Decoration
What you'll need to make the decorations
- 2 cups of cornflour
- 1 cup of PVA glue
- Egg-shaped cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Bamboo skewers
What you'll need for decorating
- Felt tip pens
- Colouring pencils
- Straws/sponges for different effects
How to make
- Mix the cornflour and glue together in the bowl until you get a mouldable dough.
- Next, roll it out until it's half a centimetre thick with the rolling pin.
- Then using the cookie cutter cut out as many egg shapes as you can from the dough.
- Separate the cut eggs from the rest of the dough, you can always re-roll the leftover and make some more.
- Next, use the bamboo skewers to create two small holes at the top with a gap in between, this is where the string will go through.
- Now you need to lay them out and leave them to dry overnight. Tip: use baking paper so that they do not stick.
- Once dry comes the fun part, decorating!
You can decorate the eggs however you want, but here are some ideas/examples:
- With painted patterns
- With felt tip patterns
- Paint dotted on using a straw
- Paint sponged on with a sponge
- 'Easter egg' pattern
We recommend painting the eggs fully and then putting a pattern on.
Once decorating and fully dry it's time to create the bunting.
- Thread the string through one hole of the egg from the back, then loop it back through the hole on the front.
- Repeat this for the rest of the eggs, moving them down the string each time.
Now you can hang them wherever you like! Be careful as it will be heavier than normal bunting, so make sure to properly secure them wherever you would like to put them.